Shiny teeth rely on healthy foods and a balanced diet. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some foods that have been confirmed to actually enhance your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the fantastic benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Snacking between meals increases your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Overly acidic foods such as tomatoes and citrus fruits are capable of weakening your tooth enamel and causing dental erosion.
– Chewing sugarless gum can increase saliva production, which helps prevent cavities and neutralize harmful acids.
– One of the best treatments for improving your oral health is keeping your teeth and gums clean. Foods such as pears and apples are crunchy with large amounts of water, which help to remove food particles from your teeth and gums.
– If you are looking to enhance your tooth enamel to improve your oral health, try eating foods high in calcium and phosphorus, such as chicken, cheese, nuts, and milk.
If you are looking for oral health care treatments in Tullahoma, Tennessee, come see H. Michael Long, DDS soon. To schedule an appointment with Dr. H. Michael Long, simply call our dentist office at 931-455-2595. With the help of our professional staff, the pathway to a beautiful smile can be yours.